Friday, September 10, 2010

Labor Day at Naibo Zoo

If you are looking for a zoo that you can walk through in about 3 hours, has all the big animals: elephants, lions, tigers, giraffes, monkeys, pythons to name a few, and is complete with a train and petting zoo this is the place! Niabi zoo was only about an hour and really easy to find! It is very reasonably priced. 2 and under are free, and 3-17 are $5 and adults are $6. So we got in to the zoo for $17. The train ride is $2 a person and the pony ride is $4 a child, but we couldn't resist! We also paid a few quarters to feed the goats and $1 for nectar to feed the birds. Total we spent $37, including popcorn and cotton candy. You can do it much cheaper though, if you want! :) Also, the zoo is free on Fridays in September!
There was a lot of dinosaurs by the elephants
The really really big goldfish
My two little monkeys
David on "Little John"
Riding "Dough Boy"
Daddy had to take Elizabeth and David on the pony ride,
as the last time I was near a horse it did not go so well!!!
The goats were a big hit with my kids - even though we were at the zoo!!!
The mama goat
Being brave and feeding the baby goat
The new pot belly pig
Llama, llama mad at mama
Feeding the birds nector and I wasn't even p**ped on!

At least I am not highly allergic to birds!
In the wallaby Australia area
I love giraffes!

Looking at the giraffes
The two new baby giraffes - both only a few months old
Love David's eyes!
The lion roared and roared at one of the females. It was too funny, but of course he quit when Phillip turned on the video camera!
Water attracts my kids like no other!
Great pic dad!
Like Mama like daughter?
My sweet sweet boy!
Do we look alike?
Eating cotton candy on the train ride and riding in the caboose... David really wanted the caboose and we let them ride together and we sat in front of them. They were excited!
All sticky! What a perfect day at the zoo! Yeah for Labor Day!

6 comments:

codi said...

Beautiful pictures of you and the kids! You look so pretty, Andrea! I love that zoo!

Stacia said...

If you ever have time when you're coming to Davenport, I'd love to see you.

For anyone else planning to come this month, the zoo is free on Fridays during September! Yeah for free things to do.

laura b. said...

We love the Niabi Zoo. You got some great pictures. I was going to tell you which ones I liked best but by the end the list would have been too long.

Derricca said...

AWesome pictures! I have never been there, but it looks really fun. :) Des Moines is OK, but way over priced for what it is. We will have to check out this one, you make it look so fun!

Andrea G. said...

Thanks, Codi!

That would be so fun Stacia! I knew you guys were somewhere over there, but I wasn't sure when. We would love to meet your little guy!!

Laura - I think you should go on a Friday for free with preschool and have an extended day :) Although, I don't know if the bus would make it on the interstate all the way there!

jamie said...

so fun! you look so GREAT! love ya! lets do a girls night asap! :)