Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Johnson County Fair

Elizabeth ADORES the bunnies and if I wasn't so allergic we would be getting her one!
With Aunt Alicia - yes she chose to wear all those bracelets and necklace
Looking at the baby calf and mama cow
Touching the soft lamb - notice the tattoos - now they just put the tattoo right on to the child - I think they each left with 4 tattoos!
Petting the sweet goatRight before the horror -
If you know me very well at all you know I am allergic to cats, dogs, horses, bunnies, hamsters, llamas -- most animals. I took my allergy medicine knowing we were going to the fair. However, I did not anticipate that a horse would sneeze into my face from only inches away. Elizabeth was terrified of the horse and I was a little worried what would happen next. I went and washed immediately; however, I could feel my face starting to get itchy and my eye began hurting. After awhile I realized lots of people kept looking at me sympathetically. Alicia decided I was not fit to drive home and we took the cotton candy to go. When I got to the van and looked in the mirror I understood all the looks. My right eye was red inside and almost swollen shut. And I had welts all over the right side of my face - like big blisters everywhere. Elizabeth can't stop talking about the "scary horse *sneeze* owie mama's eye owie" still.
Thanks for going with us and driving us home Alicia!

5 comments:

jamie said...

dude you didn't tell me THAT today- crazy!

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the horse/allergies! Hope you're feeling better today.

Stacia said...

No picture of that face? :)

Andrea G. said...

I wish I would have taken one Stacia, but I wasn't clearly thinking :)

laura b. said...

I was hoping for a picture too.