Monday, January 11, 2010

Elizabethisms

I have been trying to note things that Elizabeth has been saying... we notice she does not talk as much around others, or when she has her pacifier in. We try to keep paci to nap and bedtime to not impede talking, but she certainly doesn't seem to have a problem talking at home. We are positive she says well over a hundred words and many phrases, but here are some of our favorites...

"Coffee. Is ot"

"Love oo daky" (Love you daddy)

"Oh my"

"Is tuck" - (It's stuck)

"Pincess" - (Elizabeth asks for her princess bowl and plate all the time. She also has a DVD from Grandpa Herman called "Gigi - God's Little Princess" and she asks to watch that too by saying "pincess movie, pincess"

"pingy"(penguin - took me forever to figure this one out and she was sooo happy when I did! I thought she kept saying piggy!)

"mellow" (marshmallow - usually whispered really soft with a coy look on her face - Uncle Matt got David a marshmallow gun for Christmas and they both beg for marshmallows now!)

"spank, no no" (she has only received two, but she cried and cried and cried after both. I cried with her! She broke my heart with her cries. If I ever mention spanking to David as a warning she always runs and gets me the spoon from his room.)

"no, MINE" (every time Aunt Alicia would try to take Elizabeth's doll and tease her)

"GO Gakeyes, GO!" (this is often heard around our house, but my favorite time was at Fareway, totally randomly. It was this past Saturday, with the Orange Bowl win fresh in everyone's mind. It was busy and lots of people fell in love with my daughter instantly!)

"NO" (yelled often after we tell her something, even if it is 'I love you Elizabeth!')

"pjs"(Yesterday she threw a fit because she wanted the pink ones and not the blue ones I had picked out. I asked her if she wanted the pink ones and she said, "yes, pink." and now she asks for the pink ones. I am doomed if a 21 month old is picking fights about clothes with me already. She isn't even two. Seriously.)

"So citing" (So exciting)

"Sorry" (said occasionally to her brother)

"give you" (I forgive you - said often to her brother.)

"cold ouside" (then why do you take off your hat, mittens, socks, and shoes all by the time we get out destination, child?)

"cotndot" (cat in the hat doll from Aunt Alicia at Christmas that she likes to drag around the house.)

Some of the people she mentions often, Caca (Becca), Oshy (Josh), Sha (Alicia), Siah (Josiah), Russell, Dada (David), Gama, (Grandma) Gampa (Grandpa), mommy, (MOM when she really wants me attention - it cracks me up)

2 comments:

Nana Phyllis said...

I've read that paci should be limited to bed at 18 months so as not to impede speech development. Kids are so cute. I'm Josh M's mother and remember our time in Iowa visiting. It is fun following Em's friends there. Fun to hear all those words coming out.

Miss Mommy said...

I liked cotndot the best. ;)