We have had a blessed and full weekend! We got to hear Tom Dorcsh, a missionary to French speaking Africa, on Saturday and enjoyed a Taste of the Nations Dinner. Then on Sunday morning and Sunday night we got to listen to Carl Maderas. He is a missionary to Muslims in Palestine and Lebanon. He had some absolutely amazing stories, and has got me thinking about a lot of things! Then tonight we had a congregational meeting, which I honestly LOVE! I love to hear all the things God is doing THROUGH and IN people at Parkview. I love to see our family the church too!
Needless to say, my kids went to bed late the last three nights. They wore pj's home from church for 3 nights straight! They are going to be confused when we are home tomorrow night. Although daddy was working, and we didn't get to sit with him, and he went before us, and we left before him, it was still fun to be a part of it and see daddy in action!
Elizabeth goes to bed about 6:45, so it was especially late for her, but it didn't phase her! She never fussed when I dropped her off in the nusery, but seemed eager to play with friends! It was fun, as David was with her most of the time!
Needless to say, my kids went to bed late the last three nights. They wore pj's home from church for 3 nights straight! They are going to be confused when we are home tomorrow night. Although daddy was working, and we didn't get to sit with him, and he went before us, and we left before him, it was still fun to be a part of it and see daddy in action!
Elizabeth goes to bed about 6:45, so it was especially late for her, but it didn't phase her! She never fussed when I dropped her off in the nusery, but seemed eager to play with friends! It was fun, as David was with her most of the time!
2 comments:
Love these pics and how you called her "Sylvia Hoefer." That's adorable...and how you know you've been friends forever :)
I also always loved Congregational mtgs, but maybe b/c I love pot lucks. :) Anyway, the first day we drove in to move to IC, we literally came straight to one- I was so overwhelmed, but quickly felt at home. Miss "home." :)
Post a Comment