Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Our week at a glance

We have a very busy Easter week! The celebrations started on Wednesday when my cousin Tammy, her son Ryan, and my Aunt Sharon came to visit for 2 days. Ryan is a few months older than David, and David ADORED having an older friend to follow around! The kids played outside constantly and David played hooky from preschool. It got to 81 degrees on Wednesday!
Playing with new baby chicks at the neighbors with cousin RyanElizabeth was touching the chicks before David!

On Friday, before Good Friday services, we attended a visitation for a dear, godly man from our church. Bob Redlinger died on Tuesday after battling cancer for 5 1/2 years. Bob's son, Gerry, was in youthgroup when Phillip and I first started and we walked through the first days of his dad's cancer with him. He is my brother's age, and I have prayed for him often. He is an amazing young man of God. His sister Patty, got in engaged a few days before Bob passed away, and is so thankful to have her father's blessing. The funeral was held Saturday morning at 10:00. Therefore, Elizabeth's party was moved from 10:00 on Saturday to 4:00 on Sunday, I wasn't quite ready to take on 13 little ones by myself :)

On Saturday, my mother and I worked on Elizabeth's cake and prepared for Saturday dinner. Our sweet friends Manar, Kalid, and their daughters Junna and Jumina came with us to Easter services on Saturday afternoon. It was a beautiful service and focused on how our chains are gone because of Jesus' death on the cross. I am very thankful for my Savior's love for me and stand in awe of the cross. After the service we went over to my parents' house for dinner, it was 14 of us in all on Saturday evening!Walking into to church with Aunt Becca -
Elizabeth's Easter dress came from Grandma and Grandma G, complete with a purse from Grandma Herman, and a sweater I found on clearance for 2 dollars at Children's Place last year!
Watching the choir finish rehearsal while visiting daddy a little on Elizabeth's actual birthday!
Cheese

We started off Sunday morning early with breakfast at church, loving on little ones in the nursery, and then went to my parents' to work on Sunday dinner. My mother's friends came over for dinner and their 3 college age children and a few roommates :) There was a total of 14 of us.
Reading a book with Bently, the Klines' puppy dog that my kids adored for a day!The bunny cake Mrs. Kline made
Walking Bently

After they left around 2:00, we started decorating for Elizabeth's party and started the THIRD entertaining meal in 26 hours. This party had a total of 25 kids and parents!
The confetti angel food cake my mom and I made for Elizabeth. Thanks mom!

My mother and father are an absolutely blessing to me! I am continual amazed at all my mother can juggle and accomplish, remember she did all this on HER BIRTHDAY too! Each meal was full of friendship and feasting. The kids did great and had so much fun all weekend. I was especially proud of Elizabeth. She was quite the little hostess, as she gave hugs and said thank you to EACH friend as they were leaving!!!

More pictures to come...

2 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

Thanks for all the pics...the Easter dress is beautiful!!!!

Love the blog background, too!

laura b. said...

Glad to hear the party went well. I wish we could have made it.