Since David's 1st birthday we have had 3 birthday parties. The first one was at my mother's, the second one at church, last year we did not have a party and instead went as a family to an indoor water park. This year we took on the party again! We decided to actually go somewhere and have a party. There was one 4-year-old, seven 3-year-olds, two 2-year-olds, and three 1-year-olds! We invited the kids to ParTeeZone in Sycamore mall and then went to Pizza Ranch for dinner and cake.
A few things I did not foresee... not all children are independent and wild like mine :) I had anticipated that the parents could go out for some coffee and alone time (as it was Valentine's Day), but I didn't realize how many of the kids were a little overwhelmed by the place! My kids have done it so many times here and in Cedar Rapids, I forgot they once were scared too!! Needless to say, none of the parents got to leave and Christy, Derrica, my mom, my sister, my brother, Britney (my brother's girlfriend), and me spent most of our time inside crawling around and playing. My friend Menar even got in on the crawling action... Shari and Amanda got to use the pregnancy excuse and Jamie's kids were pretty independent. Phillip and my dad did a great job taking pictures of the party!!
I also, did not foresee how little the kids would actually all be able to play together, and how many different places they could all go at the same time. At one time I had 3 of the younger ones, but they all wanted to choose a different tunnel!
I also, did not foresee how little the kids would actually all be able to play together, and how many different places they could all go at the same time. At one time I had 3 of the younger ones, but they all wanted to choose a different tunnel!
Thank you for your friendships and love for David!
5 comments:
Confession....actually, I think Abigail was fine, but I have to admit, it was kinda fun. ;)
Note to self: remember knee pads next time
When I heard that you were having all of those kids over and the parents weren't staying, I was amazed. Looks like you guys had fun. By the way, I initially thought you had tackled making a pirate cake on your own and then I was going to be super duper amazed. See you soon!!
to clarify my comment, I'm talking about the crawling. :)
That looks like so much fun! I love the pics of all the kids together and being able to see the hilarious things they are each doing:) What a blessing to have so many little friends!
So, I haven't been commenting b/c I didn't see any of these! I check my blog for new updates every day and yours hasn't been updating (to my knowledge)! This looks soooo fun!!!! I cannot believe how BIG all those kids are! Love Sam and Elizabeth together! So wish we could've been there!! Great idea, David!
Post a Comment