Friday, November 6, 2009

Hooky

Today I followed in my mother's footsteps again :) My mother is famous for taking the kids out of school to go to the farm, vacation, etc. They are known as "Herman Holidays" and often causes my cousins to also play hooky. As a school teacher, of course I have to frown upon that, but then today I found myself doing just that!! Although, David is only in preschool, I followed in my mother's steps.

David was feeling perfectly fine today, but he stayed home from preschool as daddy had a Mini Skid Stir and was tearing up the backyard! Unfortunately, the morning began at about 29 degrees so it was a little chilly and we did a lot of watching daddy from the inside. Also, sad to say, the first Skid Steer broke and a second one had to be sent over!! Phillip has been waiting for the ground finally dry up some and the Lord provided a few days of sunny,windy, dry weather! Today was BEAUTIFUL and tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer and not get as cold tonight, which is great! The reason for the Skid Steer is to regrade our backyard as we have gotten water in the basement.

I won't lie... it is a little freaky for me, as someone who likes to be in control and likes things neat and organized, to watch the backyard torn to pieces. I am trying to take it in stride though and trust my wonderful husband that next spring my yard will be beautiful again!!! (I do have an annoying fetish will trimed, lush, green lawn... I confess I read and highlighted the Scott's lawn care book... I blame my father who always had a perfect lawn!)

Phillip is planning on building a shed, as well too. That will be WONDERFUL to help clear up the amount of items piling up in the garage. Eventually, we would like to work on the tiers that have rotten railroad ties on them, but one step at a time! ONE STEP AT A TIME!

I am so blessed to have a husband who is so good at all of this and knows so much about so many different things! I am very thankful to his father for instilling that in him and letting him always watch him and be around to learn! I hope David will also be a blessing to his wife one day because of all he learned from daddy too! Starting it up
Getting to move the bucketSo proud of the work they are doing!Like father, like son!

1 comment:

laura b. said...

I noticed you didn't offer up the reason David was going to be absent until I asked :) I'm all in favor of home learning days. Dan also tore up a chunk of our yard this summer for regrading because of drainage issues. The grass is back and you'd never know.