Sunday, September 6, 2009
Grandpa Emil
Today my Grandpa, my mother's father, died.
I am thankful my mother was with him.
I am thankful that I and the kids saw him a couple of times in the last couple of weeks when he was smiling and laughing at Elizabeth squeal at the farm cat.
I am thankful that I got to give him a hug, squeeze his hand and watch as he cried and know that now his pain and suffering is over. I pray Jesus is welcoming him with open arms!
I will always remember our many many games of 500, his wonderful large, tan, wrinkled farms hands, listening to him tell stories of the "good old days," and of course giving me my mom and making her the amazing woman of God she is!
The funeral is not until September 26th as my Uncle is in Ireland until the beginning of next week and my mother is in China on a medical missions trip for 3 weeks starting on Friday. I have never heard of waiting that long, but it is important for all the family to be able to come as he has 5 children, 19 grandchildren, and over 30 great grandchildren! Pray for my sister Alicia as she is teaching in Mexico and can't come. It will be a joy to honor his life and share in memories with family and hear a few more stories of the "Good old days" that I haven't heard yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm sorry, Andrea. You have had some tough times recently. :( My heart is with you.
thanks for sharing andrea! it was really sweet to be able to hang out with your mom on friday and hear about her life.. your grandpa!
thankful HE IS in the arms of Jesus!
Andrea, sorry to hear about your grandfather's death. A great tribute to him. My sympathies.
Post a Comment