Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The first day...

I don't know if it is because I am a teacher and so it is in my nature, but all last night and this morning I have been bursting with excitement for David's first day of preschool! I have been praying about it constantly and I am sure the Lord is excited that it came too so that I would stop laying the same requests before Him! :) Apparently, David has been excited too as we began bedtime last night at 7:45, and he came in and woke Phillip and I up at 9:30 saying he couldn't sleep! The drop off went well this morning, besides that I couldn't get any wonderful pictures, but that is my son! I can't wait until 11:10 when I can leave and go get him and hear how it went!!

Sorry for the amount of pictures... first time mom thing :) One mom said she had been up since 2 am and had crawled in bed with her little one and just layed with them all night anticipating today!!! :)
Really wanted a CARS backpack, but couldn't find one! It is a little big too, but oh well!

So excited about Mrs. Berends who teachers art to the kids... she is amazing!David finding his hook! He knows which one is his name, but got a little confused with "Daniel"
We later found out the backpack goes in the bucket, not the hook... we were first timers :)Trying for a sibling pic didn't go so well!

September 8th, 2009 David's first day of preschool!
Sweet thing! May you grow to fear the Lord and thirst for God's word and wisdom all the days of your life!
Outside Mrs. Fink's classroomElizabeth's take down - she needed some attention!
DavidWilla
Sitting by Kate on the yellow line waiting for directions
Ready for the "Good Morning" song
The kids could bring a special animal for the first day!
That is how I left my precious boy! At least he was listening :)

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is awesome! He is going to have a great year...Natalie had Meigen for two years and it was fabulous. :) Glad to see the new preschool sign up - looks good!

Miss Mommy said...

I got teary...sweet boy! How exciting!!!!! Tell us how it went!!

jamie said...

i would have been bawling and i would have been that the lady laying in their beds! great pics love it!

laura b. said...

What a great first day! It was so fun to have David there.

Keri Speidel said...

I was thinking about you today when I walked Baylor in! Good work mom :)

Andrea G. said...

David did great! He was most excited about snacks, but did remember the book they had read about a turtle's first day of school!

Andrea G. said...

Phillip and David just corrected me... it was a frog not a turtle :)

Shadley said...

Ah yes, Froggy Goes to School! Andrea, you must have been thinking of Franklin's First Day of School (I think that's it)

I didn't not cry for preschool but SOBBED the first day of kindergarten!!

Congrats David on your very first day of school! Yay!

Carrie Sterner said...

Doesn't seem possible that he is old enough for school. Way to be the mom who is excited FOR her child. You rock Andrea!