For David's birthday, celebration of Daddy back at Parkview, and just to beat the winter blues we went to an indoor waterpark in Dubuque on Sunday and Monday. It was rather expensive, I thought. The room was REALLY nice, but the park seemed a little dark and run down, but what do you expect in Iowa for an indoor place! Also, David was too scared to go down any of the three big slides after I took him on the scariest one first! There was a small lazy river and area to play basketball in the water. We spent most of our time in the kiddy area and in the pool where kids could just swim. David LOVED jumping to me, swimming to the ladder, and then jumping in, swimming to the ladder... reminds me of my siblings when they were little!

Notice the big waterslide in the back right. That was one the first one I took David on. It is a dark tunnel and goes through the outside. He did not go on another one the whole time! Oops!

Having a snack and trying to stay warm

Having a blast!

The kiddy area

Playing with our buckets that go anywhere water related!

The only little slide he would go on after the "Big one" I took him on!

More kiddy area

The jungle part that he would not go near due to the large bucket at the top that dumped every 30 seconds or so and that made a loud noise every 30 seconds that he HATED! He stood behind me and closed his eyes every time it went off for the first 30 minutes!

Elizabeth did get to go the waterpark, but of course not the time I was taking all the pictures! She was napping in the hotel room then with daddy!

Bath time fun since she didn't do the waterpark the next morning again.

We reserved online and so saved ten dollars and got 40 free tokens. The boys had a blast!

David had no concept most of the time, but I am sure he will catch on soon! David got a parachute guy, sucker, and harmonica with his 200 tokens!
4 comments:
I thought that place was new? I'm surprised it's run down already. I have heard that there's a really good one in Omaha.
So can David swim? I tried to teach Baylor this summer but he refused, I think I'll try swimming lessons this summer. Glad you had fun!
David is a blessed little boy. He is going to look forward to another birthday for a whole year. That water park looks like a blast. Glad you guys got to do that!
i meant to ask you how that went- looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment