So how do you mommies of girls keep in bows, hairbands, and ponytails? My daughter will NOT keep her hat on even for one minutes, seriously... we don't even make it to the car! For that matter, she won't keep her socks and shoes on either! So I have no idea how to keep the hair stuff on. I obviously don't want to discipline over hair styles, but I would like her to learn at a young age to keep stuff in so we don't fight the battle later. Any suggestions?
Elizabeth: I don't really like this headband. I will take it off.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I haven't yet found a solution. She used to keep them on...before she figured out she could remove them herself. I try pigtails every once in a while just so she gets used to me pulling her hair. I'm hoping she'll like the way it looks later on and decide it's worth leaving alone.
Abigail still pulls out her hair to this day. If we are home, I just let her look like a bum. :) Otherwise, I do fight her on it. Well, we don't fight, but I do win! When she was little, I didn't have the energy to mess with it! Let me know if you find a solution. :)
Hey, Andrea! Josie didn't like things in her hair too much at Elizabeth's age, but slowly got better about it. Once she was slightly older and the boys started profusely complimenting her whenever she had pretty things in her hair, she was great with it! Your kids are so precious and growing so fast.
i stopped using them- now abigial likes to have them in! :)
Ellie used to pull everything out of her hair. By 15 months or so her hair was in her eyes so I started using tiny rubber bands that she couldn't pull out and then clipped bows right by the rubber band so she couldn't pull them out. Now she requests bows and we let her walk around the house with multiple clips and "ponies" in. Good luck!
Hmmm...can't give advice as Abbie just now has enough hair to put in pigtails, bows, etc. She begs for them...she thinks she's so pretty. So I guess my solution would be to shave her head so that when she finally has hair at the age of three, she will think it's totally cool to have hair that she will love putting stuff in it! :)
Hope you guys had a fun weekend. Anxious to see pics and hear about it.
Sorry, sorry! I have been meaning to get to this. It should come as no surprise to you that I did in fact discipline Little Missy for pulling her bows out. Shame on me. I finally figured out that bendy clips (the kind you have to bend to get them opened0 and alligator clips (the kind you squeeze at the end) worked best for us- I didn't spend ages pulling her hair into a ponytail just to have her yank it out. I got less frustrated b/c it took 2 seconds to put a clip back in. Now when/if her bow falls out, she hands it to me and asks for it to go back in so it doesn't get in her eyes. Just takes maturity...same thing with the socks- pick your battles- wilfull disobedience at the dinner table is one thing, being a baby/toddler is another.
Post a Comment