Tuesday, October 14, 2008

You rock honey

I just want to give a shout out to my other half! So we are both pretty sleep deprived lately, as you well know. Phillip is also a little stressed as he starts a brand new job on Monday after being at Parkview for 7 years! He first job in the corporate world. I am a little stressed because conferences are around the corner and this week is ITBS and there is added pressure for students to do well. Plus David has been crying a lot in the morning when I leave or when he goes to someones house so we have been trying to be very positive and even bribe him with gum (don't worry it is sugarless Lindsay) So with all the said this was my beloved husband's morning....

After he dressed one child, fed both kids, got the diaper bag ready with extra clothes and got himself ready for the day he headed out the door with David chewing his gum and Elizabeth. On the way to the garage Elizabeth had a MAJOR blowout. So being the great husband that he is, Phillip went back upstairs and changed EVERYTHING! Now running late, he quickly went back to the car to take the kids to Devonna's house. However, when he got to the car with Elizabeth again he realized that me (the sleep deprived stressed out mother that I am) kept the car seat carrier. So now Phillip had to WALK with the kids to the babysitter. He had to get extra warm clothes and a blanket, load the stuff into the stroller, then walk the kids to Devonna's house and then walk back to get his car... seriously... WHAT A MAN! Needless to say we are praising the Lord that it happened this Tuesday and not next Tuesday when he is at a brand new job and they won't be so understanding as Parkview when husbands show up late. I love you honey!

3 comments:

Keri Speidel said...

Way to give a shout out to husbands! They totally deserve it. How exciting for his new job! Where is he working? I hope you get sleep soon!

Brenda Rae said...

Here is a virtual high five! Husbands are great and work so hard and get very little credit!

Carrie Sterner said...

Phillip is an awesome dad. You should be proud of him as he is doing such a stellar job at being dad. I am glad that God has blessed you with such a great husband to complete you. Way to go Phillip!!!!

Still praying for sleep and peace in your home.