Phillip and I decided last minute to have a last summer mini-vacation. We decided to go to Des Moines and go to the State Fair and to the zoo. Phillip found a beautiful hotel for us, complete with pool and yummy breakfast. We really enjoyed the zoo! We saw EVERYTHING in about 5 hours. Of course, David loved the train ride the most I think! Phillip took all of the fantastic pictures! I love the giraffe ones especially!

Mommy and daughter pictures in front of the flowers of course!

I don't know if my children will ever smile at the same time, EVER!

Mommy lion relaxing.

Falling right into line

Check out that black tongue!

Yes, the giraffe is eating hay


What's my brother doing at the zoo? (JK LOVE YOU BRO)

David and I amazed by the gigantic size of the turtles.



David pretending to be a prairie dog looking out of the hole.

The nosy sea lion.
I know that the Omaha Zoo is much better and the St. Louis Zoo is free, however for only 2 hours away we were very impressed with the zoo and enjoyed our time!
4 comments:
I love all the pics. I will for sure be praying for you. I'm not looking forward to being away from Sylvia every day either. We should get together sometime in the afternoon now that we both work mornings.
You're working mornings this year? Cool...that might make it easier for us to get together when I'm in town (we have a hard time getting everyone ready in a timely manner in the mornings). Keep me updated on how it goes.
hey andrea we have never been to that zoo, it looks awesome. chloe start kinder on monday, we are so excited. hope all goes well for you
That looks so fun! E is such a good sport! I would NEVER consider taking L- he is a nightmare outside of his bed! I assume you shared a room- how was that?
Post a Comment